These scrummy muffins are a wonderful morning or afternoon delight. Unwind and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
- pinch Salt
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup Rebel Kitchen Chai Mylk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil 2 cups water add quinoa, boil about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain.
- Measure all dry ingredients, flour, quinoa, xanthum gum, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar, and add into a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan. Use a little to grease the the muffin pan.
- Add applesauce, Mylk, lemon juice, vanilla, and vinegar to melted oil in a large bowl.
- Use a whisk / electric beater to mix well.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix quickly just until completely combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Muffin tops should be lightly browned and spring back when pressed with your finger.
- Let muffins cool for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.