- 3 tablespoons vegan butter / butter, melted
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or other non-refined sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mylk, room temperature
- 2 egg substitutes / eggs, room temperature
- Fruit topping - chop up your favorite fruits to add on top!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of melted butter into 10-inch cast iron skillet and place in the oven. Set the remaining tablespoon of melted butter aside to cool slightly. Wait 10 minutes before assembling the other ingredients.
- Place flour, sugar, salt, mylk, eggs and remaining tablespoon of melted butter into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds. Pour batter into preheated skillet. Bake on middle rack of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are puffed and brown. Sprinkle with additional sugar and serve with your favorite fresh fruit (in our case - passion fruit, persimmon and apples!)